Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Get Compensated:Join My Next Book Project

Hi guys,

Just a couple of days ago, I saw the WEbook.com ad. I decided to check it out. I like the objective, so I signed up.

Right after I checked out several of the book projects that were posted, I decided to post one of my book projects, PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG: Haiku Verses. As the title implies, contents are haiku verses about praising God in winter, spring, summer, and fall. There are 106 verses: 22 Haiku reflecting the nature and events in each season, and 9 haiku each for the introduction and conclusion. I wrote the verses when I was completely down from a terrible experience with the publisher of my first book, KOILAWAN: Letters and Poems of a Jungle Dad-Mom.

KOILAWAN was in the TOP 100 Bestsellers in Inspirational Books for a month on Amazon.com, TOP 100 Bestsellers in Religion/Spirituality/Mission for a month-and a-half on Borders. com, and TOP 100 Most Requested English Books for a month on Amazon.de (Germany), and to receive a very discouraging word from the publisher hit me real hard. It affected my desire to write. I temporarily have an ADD(attention deficit disorder). My patience and concentration became too short. My trust with fellow Christians was tested. (Yes, the publisher advertises itself as the best Christian POD publisher.) Haiku, the 3-line, 17-syllable verse, was the only one manageable to write. It was an avenue for my bruised spirit to be reminded that God was and still will be in control. In short, PRAISING ALL...LONG, was written in affirmation of God's goodness and faithfulness, despite the odds.

Well, enough of the sour gripe. I am a-okay now.

WEbook.com has a program to publish and sell some of the book projects posted in its site. Ones book project can be entered for rating, comments, and selection (to publish) through members' vote. PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG, though it already had received a 5-star rating from one member few hours after I posted it, is late to be included for the vote. However, I am definitely turning it in for the fall selection.

Should PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG be chosen for publication by WEbook, or other publisher, I would like to see it publish like a Haiku picture book: one or two verses illustrated with a picture. That is the reason why I am inviting you, my friends, and those who still are not but are interested, to join in my project.

Those photography enthusiasts, amateurs or professionals, could check out my Haiku Verses' project under EdMeligIndustan on WEbook.com. After you read the verses, you could start checking out your picture files. If you have pictures that you feel suitable for a particular verse, you could send them either to my email, edindustan@yahoo.com or edMindustan@gmail.com, or to the comment box under the Haiku Verse project on WEbook. Please include a description and location of the picture. I would love to get pictures from my friends all over the world. If your picture would be included in the publication, you would be compensated. And yes, you will be acknowledged. Last, but not the least, please send a photo or photos that you personally took.

Hope you'll join me (or help me) in this endeavor, my friends. Thank you all. God bless.

NOTE: 1) KOILAWAN is still available in 21 countries.

2) Sample of haiku verses in PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG:

A. Praising God, Divine...
Maker of all things and mind
Wondrous and sublime

B. Life is a flower
It comes! It blooms! Then, it fades!
Praise God for the seeds.

C. Praise God in winter
For the coldness of the night
Time ot bundle up.

D. Life's so colorful
Autumn leaves so delightful
Soon, we'd see them fall.

E. Stinging burning skins...
Peeling! Maps on bodies seen!
Balm in Gilead reigns.

F. Praise God for the life
Smoke and flowers! Th'immortal life...
Perfect afterlife.

No comments: