Friday, December 12, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS

For you, my friend, this Christmas time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
(A Shakespearean sonnet in Acrostic)

Melodious carols playing in the air.
Exciting lights that make the world so bright
Rekindling hope for those in need of care
Rejoice! It’s Christmas! Show your heart’s delight.

Yes, yuletide’s here, let’s raise our voices high.
Christ’s birth proclaimed, ye, people of goodwill.
Hear ye, oh people, sadness you’d get by.
Rejoice! It’s Christmas! New hope to unveil!

In times like this some need a little aid.
Show them some love, portray the love of God.
The joy you’d feel so dear you won’t dare trade.
Must do this deed in truth, not just façade!

Ah, Christmas is the time to share and cheer
So share it now and all throughout the year.

(c) Edmund Melig Industan, 2008

Have a blessed one.

NOTE: 1) This sonnet in acrostic is included in my upcoming book, THE EXPERIMENTAL DASANG (Hey Poem) and 45 OTHER POETRY FORMS.

2) This Christmas, I am wishing that you, my friend, will get a copy of my gift book, PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG: Haiku Verses, which will be in the market in early January. I just finished proofreading the final galley. "Praising..." is published by Comfort Publishing. Please take a look at its front cover. Thanks to you, my friend.



Praising All copy.jpg - Gmail

3 comments:

GALI Ed Writes said...

AkoyPinoy of UK commented through GreatPinoy.com:

akoypinoy wrote:
Mr Edindustan is Excellent.
KOILAWAN (he's the author) is the number 1 Book i have read this Year. I definitely recommend Koilawan to all the members and to all Pinoys.
He is my IDOL.

RESPONDED:

Maraming Salamat, pareng AkoyPinoy, at Maligayang Pasko na lang sa inyo dyan sa UK.

GALI Ed Writes said...

V. Freeman of Namibia commented through facebook.com:

Hi Edmund

Didn't i tell you i re-joined the bank and have been working now as a Home Loan Clerk because the Real Estate world is terrible here also!!!!

Good luck with the book, I will buy me one....I think I will need that book: "Time to heal and YTime to Care and Share"

RESPONSE:

Am still working on "Time to Heal;Time to Care and Share", along with my other book project, "Bedtime-Pastime:Collection of Short Stories and Bukidnon Folktales.

God bless

GALI Ed Writes said...

Earlene of TX commented through my MySpace page:

I WILL GET A COPY AND I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER..MAY IT BE BLESSED WITH HAPPINESS..HEALTHYNESS, KINDNESS, LOVINESS, SHARINGNESS, AND PROSPERITY..AND MAY GOD BLESS OUR AMERICA..WE ALL NEED THIS...MERRY CHRISTMAS EDMUND, THE A HAPPY, PROSPEROUS, HEALTHY, AND MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE COINS IN YOUR POCKETS, LOVE IN YOUR LIFE, HEALTHINESS IN EVERYWAY NEW YEAR..EARLENE

Posted by EARLENE on December 12, 2008 - Friday 11:38 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]