Monday, March 16, 2009

PRAISING ALL..: Featured Book in 9 Local Papers

"Haiku Verses Offer Inspiration", the title of Michelle J. Mills feature column on Pasadena Star News, San Gabriel Valley Tribune, Whittier Daily News, and 5 other local papers here in So. California on Sunday, March 15th. Then, she opened her column with a question: "Need a snippet of inspiration or an entire book?"

Reading the words was a joy to me. Why? I tell you why. She was talking about my book, PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG, which has been in the market this month.

Ms. Mills article went on: "Praising All Seasons Long" offers both snippet of inspiration and a book as it is comprised of 145 haiku verses praising God and His gifts throughout the year.

It's true. PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG, is a small gift book. It only has 56 pages, but it depicts different events from winter to fall. There are 3-line verses on the shedding of the leaves, the melting of the snow, the blooming of the flowers, the chirping of the birds, the celebration of the resurrection, the observance of Christ's death, the weddings in June, even of gnomes and leprechauns. Spring chapter has these two(2) verses:
Welcome, weather spring
Hot and cold, tornadoes scare.
We are in God's care.

Life springs up so fast.
Wonder how it comes about?
Miracle and love!

Then, as if Ms. Mills thought that I wasn't satisfied already with what she printed, she sent me an email to affirm that her review was honest and sincere. Here's the portion of it:

...I shared your book with my mother and she loved it so
much that she asked to hold on to it for a while. She wants to read
your poetry to one of her friends who is losing her sight. She hopes
it will provide her with inspiration and encouragement.

Thank you,
Michelle

Certainly, I was overjoyed. Nevertheless, I have to give the honor to God. The idea of this book was all coming from Him. I also was having problem at the time God had me wrote the verses. It was a therapy. It was a healing balm. I even didn't know what I was writing when I first got up that night. I was in tears. It was my first time to hold a pen for serious writing after almost three (3) months. Just before I finished writing the last few verses, all my body pain were gone. Joy had shown in my face. I started doing my long distance run again. I was completely healed. PTL!

If you would like to read more of the story behind the writing of PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG, kindly visit my new Facebook publisher page, Edmund Melig Industan. I hope and pray that may these haiku verses be a blessing not only to me, but to all who have the chance to read them.

If you have friends and family members who need comfort and encouragement at this time of economic uncertainties, PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG is a good gift book to share to them. Priced at $ 9.99, it is cheaper than a dozen roses. It is a good eternal investment.

PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG was published by Comfort Publishing. It can be ordered on Comfort Publishing fb page or online store. It also can be ordered through Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, and Target.

No comments: