Saturday, May 31, 2008

A POEM ON ABU GHRAIB

Hey guys,



One of my facebook friends sent me this clip on Abu Ghraib. I thought of sharing it to you along with my poem, which is in my upcoming book, 150+1 Poems on THE EXPERIMENTAL DASANG (Hey Poem) and 45 OTHER POETRY FORMS: An Anthology. Hope you would like it.

ABUSES THAT MAY NOT BE

Neither been to infamous Abu Ghraib
Nor seen that well-known human pyramid
Abuse! So bile, which spread a wild fire...
Subduing green thumb; replacing the brier!

I never met those smiling hominid
Teasing, pointing, with smacking cigarette!
They're having fun as if none was around
Forgetting that those prying eyes abound.

I know from school...in army training course:
Obey commands from elevated men.
All those whose feet are on the lowly ground
Must execute with head up and not down.

Now, should it be this abuse may not be
the culprit may not be those pfc's?
The Code of Rules that does enforce worldwide
The mouths gag! There's marker of divide.

Did we forget from life of long ago?
Power abuse is in the hearts of men.
Luciferous "I's" are so ingrained
Decisions made are often times careened.

How sure are we, abuse on enemies
Are willfully performed by lowly pfc's?
Bestialities applied to squeeze the brains
Ignoring prying eyes...looking some stains.

More questions, sixty-four dollar questions
Thrown out on you to answer and respond
Think of the ways we deal with army men
Then, talk! What happened at the Pen?

(c) 2007 edmund melig industan

Note: If I have time tomorrow, I'd be posting a dasang (Hey Poem).

No comments: