Friday, February 13, 2009

BE HOPEFUL AND JOYOUS THIS VALENTINE'S DAY

HAPPY VALENTINE
(Italian sonnet in Acrostic)

Here I am. My beloved! My valentine!
As everyone else, with red rose in hand,
Pushing myself in…hope you’ll understand
Praying that tonight I can say, ‘You’re mine’.
Year in, year out, my heart tried to define.
Vague, at first; but then… emotion so grand.
Anxious to give you this red rose as planned
Looming inside! It’s bursting as we dine.

Expecting ‘yes’ is what my heart desire.
No! Don’t be pressured! Please, just take your time.
The ‘yes’, I need, but surely I can wait.
In case, you’d say the ‘no’, I won’t retire.
Noble? My heart is! Patience I would climb.
Enter I await…your paradise gate.

(c) 2009 edmund melig industan

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!


note: Want to read more of Edmund's poetry? PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG can be purchased now on Comfort Publishing online store. It also can be pre-ordered now on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and Target.

No comments: