Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's Summertime; It's Sizzling Hot in California

Oh! It's so hot in California. Yesterday, the high was 116 degrees fahrenheit. Today, it hasn't gone down. I always feel sleepy. I wanted to finish The Magical Ikam (Mat), a short story to be included in my book project, Bedtime-Pastime; however, the heat wave is hindering my concentration. I can think of a scoop or two of ice cream or a dip at the beach every minute, but I have problem going deeply into the dream of my 12-year old protagonist.

Since my family has decided to drive to the beach to cool down, I have decided to post my summertime poem today. I hope you will take time to read and, if possible, comment on it.

OH, SUMMER LOVE
(A Triolet)

Oh, Summer Love, you're hot as season brings
Exuding beauty reaching digit three.
All eyes in you: the paupers and the kings,
Oh,Summer Love, you're hot as season brings.
Wish you will lend my ears as my heart sings,
A melody that's from a bourgeoisie;
Oh, Summer Love, you're hot as season brings...
Exuding beauty reaching digit three.

(c) 2007 edmund melig industan

Triolet is a poetry form which originated in France. It has eight iambic pentameter lines with two rhyme schemes (A and B). The first two lines are repeated as a final couplet and the first is also repeated as the fourth line.

NOTE: Oh, Summer Love is part of my upcoming book, 150+1 Poems on The Experimental Dasang and 45 OTHER POETRY FORMS: An Anthology

No comments: