Sunday, April 19, 2009

April: National Poetry Month

April is National Poetry Month. American Academy of Poets initiated it in 1996. To celebrate it, I am posting two of my poems beginning this week.

I have thought of posting one of my poems about spring, because fourth week of spring had just ended. However, the temperature here in Southern California this Sunday is expected to be in 3-digit level. And, well, it is summer in the Philippines, my home country;hence, I have decided to give you this poem, instead.

OH, SUMMER LOVE
(a Triolet)

Oh, Summer Love, you’re hot as season brings
Exuding beauty reaching digit three;
All eyes in you: the paupers and the kings,
Oh, Summer Love, you’re hot as season brings.
Wish you will lend your ears as my heart sings,
A melody that’s from a bourgeoisie;
Oh, Summer Love, you’re hot as season brings.
…Exuding beauty reaching digit three.

Edmund Melig Industan

By the way, my gift book, PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG: Haiku Verses, is now available in France (Amazon.fr), Japan (Amazon.jp), The Netherland (Von Stockum.nl), Germany (Amazon.de, Bookya.de, and AbeBooks.de), Canada (Amazon.ca), and in the U.K. (Amazon.co.uk). Also, Amazon.com (US) has announced that it only has one copy left in stock, but more are coming. You also can get a copy at Barnes &Noble, Borders.com, Target, and Comfort Publishing. So, I would appreciate it very much if you could place your order now. Thank you very much.

And here's one haiku in the Spring Section of PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG (Comfort Publishing, 2009). This haiku is best as we celebrated Easter just a week past.

Life has shown in spring.
Temporal! Eternal life!
Green in thoughts and sights!

Have a good week to you all.

No comments: