Saturday, January 10, 2009

A HOPE IN GOD

Where can I turn to?
There’s rainbow after the rain.
Hope and promise giv’n.


With uncertainties in life, people ask on what to do and where to turn to to get by. Burglary, even bank holdups, has been on the rise. Recently, a TV news showed a clip of two guys demanding money from a carwash. Just this week, a Southern Californian TV reported that the business of fortune tellers is booming since the economic crunch. Last Sunday, our church announced a Job Search Meeting for members who have been downsized by their employers.

I never will forget a story I heard during my childhood. A child was crying continuously for he was hungry. Unfortunately, the family has nothing to give him. Like everybody else, their small farm was hit by a swarm of locust. There was very little left to eat. The father tried to calm the child down, but to no avail. Then, they heard a sound, "Wak! Wak! Wak!". (Wakwak is known to be a witch, who turns into a bird at nighttime to prey on human beings.)

The father said, "Keep quiet! There's a "wakwak" flying.

The child responded, "Catch it! I am going to eat it!"

People have the tendency to do anything to survive.

There were times I have thought of unpleasant things when I hit bottom. But I thank God that he always have been patient to show me the right way. Going back to God's Word, allowed me to remember how God used the rainbow to show his promise for a worldwide deluge not to happen again. He allowed me to see a ray of hope in Him. And I have a great faith that no matter what, God would never fail me.

I pray that you, too, will find hope in God. He is just a prayer away.

God bless you, my friend.


(NOTE: PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG, my newly published gift book which can be purchased through www.comfortpublishing.com, attests how God has been so good to me in time of need. May the book be a source of comfort and encouragement to others, especially this time of uncertainties.)

No comments: