Saturday, January 3, 2009

A NEW YEAR'S WISH

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is ready to go back to work. Here is a Ghazal verse for you. I have my name included in the last couplet, not only because traditional ghazal verse requires it, but also to remind me that I have to look forward for a better tomorrow and let bygones be bygones.

So, here it is. May you have a prosperous New Year.



A NEW YEAR FOR A NEW YOU


Winter’s here welcoming a new you.
Hoping that past year has not glued you.

Look forward for the new day rising…
Leaving behind… actions that screwed you.

Past, like a ghost, will keep on haunting.
Be careful! Do not let him chew you!

Strong will to nurse, a new babe to rise.
Act swiftly, don’t let Past subdue you.

Don’t get discourage; keep looking up.
Reaching the zenith is up to you.

Remember, Edmund, show the true you.
Shine forth! Let the New Year glow through you.

(c) edmund melig industan, 2008

NOTE: This ghazal is included in my upcoming book, THE EXPERIMENTAL DASANG (Hey Poems) and 45 OTHER POETRY FORMS.

Also, I really would appreciate it if you could get a copy of my newly published gift book, PRAISING ALL SEASONS LONG: Haiku Verses at http://www.comfortpublishing.com

No comments: